LeeAnna Dowan, Esq.
LeeAnna Dowan, Esq.
Ms. Dowan graduated from Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville, obtaining her Juris Doctorate in December 2002 and sworn into the Kentucky Bar October 17, 2003. She was the 3L Student Class Representative for the American Bar Association 2001-2002; the 3L Class Representative for the Student Bar Association 2001-2003; the Dean of Delta Theta Phi Fraternity 2001-2002, a member of the Brandeis School of Law Honor Council 2002-2003. Ms. Dowan is licensed to practice in Kentucky, the United States District Court Western District of Kentucky and the United States Supreme Court.
Ms. Dowan taught College Success Skills, Basic Math, Business Law and graduate Conflict Management classes at Sullivan University, Ft. Knox, Kentucky June 2003 through December 2015 with a short hiatus during 2008-2010.
Ms. Dowan opened Dowan Law Offices in Elizabethtown, Kentucky April 2004. The Dowan Building, built in the early 1900’s, is registered with the United States National Historic Society. For many years the law office building was a favorite stop along the path of Elizabethtown's historic Ghost Walk held each October. Ms. Dowan practices in family law, juvenile law, and criminal law while also providing consulting in the areas of contracts and business law. Ms. Dowan is a certified mediator/negotiator through Just Solutions Mediations.
Ms. Dowan’s public service awards include: ECTC Distinguished Alumni 2012; Honorable Kentucky Colonel 1996; IOLTA Fellowship 1999-2000 for Public Service Work; Edwin Perry Mediation Fellowship 2000-2001; John S. Greenbaum Award for exemplary public service commitment in both 2001 and 2002. Since 2004 she has remained active as in Hardin County Teen Court and adjudicated many High School Mock Trial Competitions since 2007. She is a member of Delta Theta Phi focusing in the areas of student mentoring and public service work. Ms. Dowan currently holds awards from the Kentucky Bar Association for exemplary Pro Bono service hours and for exemplary Continuing Legal Education credits.
Ms. Dowan’s article on Dependency, Neglect and Abuse cases was published in the Louisville Bar Briefs Magazine September 2018.
Ms. Dowan has three (3) children and seven grandchildren. Her hobbies include singing, playing bass guitar; riding horses, sailing and spending time outdoors as much as possible.
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Dependency Neglect & Abuse
- Criminal Law
- Hardin County Teen Court; Advisor and Commissioner, 2005 to Present
- Hawk, National Library of Congress, 1997
Classes & Seminars Taught
- Business Law Undergraduate, Sullivan University, 2003
- Information Literacy, Sullivan University, 2003 to 2005
- Conflict Management Graduate, Sullivan University, 2011 to Present
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2002
- Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- B.G.S. - 1998
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Elizabethtown Community College, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- Honors: with honors
- Kentucky, 2003
- U.S. District Court, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- Kentucky Colonel 1996 - Present
- IOLTA Fellowship 2000
- Highly Distinguished Alumni - Elizabethtown Community & Technical College 2012
- Friend of the Elizabethtown Heritage Council 2012
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
Fraternities or Sororities
- Delta Theta Phi
- Phi Theta Kappa