Brooke N. Talley, Esq.
Brooke N. Talley, Esq.
Brooke Talley came to Dowan Law Offices with a background in juvenile justice and has previously worked for a number of organizations across the country focusing on children's rights in various legal proceedings. Brooke attended Campbellsville University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English and Political Science, then went on to Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law to receive her Juris Doctor. Brooke obtained limited bar certifications from the Ohio, Kentucky, and California Supreme Courts in 2015 and began her legal career representing children. Under those licenses, she advocated tirelessly for youth in a variety of legal proceedings in all three states. She has practiced across multiple courts of law including family, juvenile, reentry, delinquency, dependency, and education-related proceedings. In September 2017, Brooke relocated to Bardstown, Kentucky with her husband and joined Dowan Law Offices. Brooke believes compassion and relatability make her a strong and successful attorney. She recognizes each client's family is different and uses her collaborative training, to think outside the box in search of potential outcomes that will meet each client's unique needs. Brooke combines legal skills developed in practice, an uncompromising work ethic, her own life experiences, and a passion for justice to advocate vehemently on behalf of her clients.
- Children's Law Center, Inc., Youth Reentry Attorney
- Children's Law Center of Los Angeles, Guardian ad Litem
- Domestic / Family Law
- Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member, Present
- Hardin County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association, Member, Present
- Commission of Kentucky Colonels, Colonel, Present
- Ohio Women's Bar Association, Member, Present
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: Dean's List
- Campbellsville University, Campbellsville, Kentucky
- B.A. - 2012
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: English
- Major: Political Science
- Ohio, 2017
- Kentucky, 2017
- Legal Aid Volunteer Lawyer of the Year
- IOLTA Fellowship, Children’s Law Center, Inc.
- Public Interest Fellowship, Children’s Law Center of California, Los Angeles